Hauling tail...at 50 mph

 Once we actually left NC, we made fast tracks.  Well, not really fast since we maxed out at 55 mph and averaged much slower, but we went for 15 hour days and hauled our heinies across this vast country.  

We stopped in Mississippi for Luca to participate in his wonderful art class.  Check out this gorgeous bird he is creating with soft pastels!

Max took Toby for a walk during class.  I think Toby misses total freedom but he has adapted pretty phenomenally.  


Getting passed by wide loads was always exciting, but these tires that were wider than the lane were particularly interesting.

And while on the subject of large objects getting transported, these blades of a wind turbine are ridiculously enormous!  My camera flaked out so I didn't get better shots but please know that they are wildly huge!

Lu participated in Language Arts while in motion.  Cause he's cool like that.

Having fun, being touristy. Our first night in Texas (damn this state is huge) was at this lovely gas station.  We haven't interacted a lot on this trip, but I've had a chance to do some people watching.  And I can say with marked assurance that the Texans we saw were the absolute worst about wearing masks and distancing.


Still in Texas.  I know nothing about air brakes but one of the trucks packed next to us at this rest stop made some sort of phenomenally loud farting sound every few minutes all through the night.  Good thing we were all exhausted!








Comments

  1. Luca's bird art is amazing. Does he do commissions? I think I need a pastel version of Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want him to teach me how to make such beautiful work! I bet he'd love to work on one of Ruth. I have a gorgeous Baja rooster pic to post that, of course, I took thinking of you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cento di questi giorni!

Buonasera Venezia

A Passion + an Honor