If you are thinking, "oh my goodness, when do we move from posts about prep and actually start this epic journey?" then we are on the same exact page, my friend! After weeks months of work, we are truly on the cusp of the great adventure. But since there are still at least 2 dozen unchecked items on the to-do list this morning, let's just settle in with our coffee and enjoy all the progress thus far.
This thrift store find makes me so happy! Max has been saving maps since before we met and I had fun covering the doors with some from European hiking trails, a topo of Mt Everest, and intertwining roads in the US.
It can fit dozens of canning jars of various sizes and holds them in with short lengths of wire stretched between eye hooks. Old socks make perfect cushioning for the inevitable washboard roads we will rattle down.
Pay no attention to the shorter orange panel! The material was so slippery and challenging for my skill level. But it is from a fantastic flowy skirt my grandmother used to wear, and which I grabbed out of her closet as a keepsake when she died over 20 years ago. It is lovely to have this constant reminder of her in such a cheery spot in our tiny home.
This shower curtain is even better than it looks for 2 reasons. First, the one that was in there was poop-mud brown and cheap polyester so my eyes are doing cartwheels not to have to look at it ever again. Second, this is fabric one of my sisters bought many years ago to use in her RV when her family full timed around the country and I am thrilled to get to use it in my little space.
I feel like installing solar panels should mean it is warm and sunny out. I had so many layers on I would have bounced had I accidentally stepped off the side of the roof.











I love it all. Keep posting
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sarjan! I am so grateful to have traveled across the country with you - way back when. I am happy I can take you with me in some format for this trip. <3
DeleteHow special to bring a little memory of your grandmother with you. <3
ReplyDeleteAnd wow, all those solar panels! Energy for days! You should be able to run six microwaves simultaneously!
The solar is a complete joy! We, of course, kept thinking we needed more and better. But, honestly, we now went for a couple of days of sleet and clouds and only got really twitchy toward the end of day 3. And after sleeping sandwiched between tractor trailers, all with motors running, I am grateful we don't have to rely on a generator every time we need electricity. (For the record, I have loved our generator at times, too. But are glad to be independent on sunshine power!)
Delete