Changing all the things

 After being warned time and again through blogs, fb posts, youtube videos, friends admonishments to definitely, absolutely not take on painting the walls of a travel trailer nor the cabinets on any RV, that the process was too long, the success too tenuous, the results not worth it, I decided to completely embrace the process and paint all the everythings.  And to wallpaper a few things for good measure.  Which really took at least 1.5 eternities to complete + was suffused with much exasperated and dramatic sighing.  (And possibly a few pounds of chocolate.  Whatever.) 

Toby liked showing me his favorite fabrics to be used for all the curtains and cushions.

I cannot figure out how to anchor stuff to these thin, curved walls. Yay for the help!

I love this color blue!  Also enjoy the cat and chickens visiting as I worked.

Found some peel and stick metal tile.  Here I am simply admiring how spectacular I envision it being.  However, it was unbelievably tricky to work with.  Curses were invented.  Tempers brightly flared.  Defeat was never far from sight.  In the end, we tried grouting it and it's definitely pretty, but I'd rather install real tile (or go to the dentist, or do taxes, or listen to nails on a chalkboard) any ol' day of the week!

Max randomly mixed some slate gray paint with white for the bedroom.  Why not?

I had this fabric in my stash and love it so much more than the poop brown pleather that was there!

Happy we had some 'Lovely Love Song' red left over from the gazebo to use in the bathroom.

We were actually going to just paint the dinette area until we ripped some of the trim wallpaper and the vinyl wall underneath and decided to use peel and stick wallpaper to hide the sin.

During camper reno, we had our floors in the house redone and spent a week living in the trailer to play it safe and keep out of the house until it could be aired out and cleaned.  Which meant Luca attended his online classes, like art, in the dinette area.  

All 3 camp chairs tightly squeezed into the walkway for movie night!

Oh!  And I re-covered the cushions in red!  And our wallpaper came and we love it.  (Btw, it was a thousand times easier to install than the evil peel and stick tile.  With 2 people it was relatively easy - even allowing for the hassle of window cutouts and doing seamless corners.)  


Replacing pumps and belts and chains, oh my.  It felt good to get the truck prepped for all the miles, but it also feels special as this was my Dad's truck before he passed a few years ago and I know he would be even more excited about this trip than we are.








Comments

  1. I love all the colors, especially those curtains! Why do RV manufacturers always go with brown? It's just not a great choice for such a small space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the redesign:) SOme paint always brightens things up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with all the work you guys did to refresh the RV! It looks so great, you are very talented! It is going to be such a pretty and quaint home for your family over the course of your travels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cento di questi giorni!

Buonasera Venezia

A Passion + an Honor